lapthorn.com - Tools and testing page
Tools, books, docs, blogs and conferences:
What is my IP?
Progressive download and media test using a flash player
Is this server an Akamai server?
List of tools on GigaOM
Browser and cache testing pages
PHP test page
Browser side monitoring
PHP Parameter extraction
IFRAME test page
IFRAME 3rd party cookie set
IFRAME 3rd party cookie, delete then set
End user and proxy IP information
Client side broken image detection
Steve Souders - books and blog
- Lots of information about frontend performance
- Watch what's happening in your browser. While you're doing it. View the HTTP requests.
- Similar to HttpWatch
- Firebug plugin from
to analyse your pages according to Steve's rules. He's now at Google
- Google's answer to YSlow!
- Firefox web development plugin
- Web development plugin for Firefox
- Web debugging proxy to look at your HTTP requests.
- Like Fiddler2, but just captures the HTTP requests. Useful for replicating problems and sending the information to support staff
- Web debugging proxy
- Network protocol analyzer. When the problem is so bizarre you have to see what's happening on the wire.
- O'Reilly conference about web performance, front, back and side end.
HTTP Response codes at Google
Pagetest - server and desktop based page testing tool
Flash and RTMP testing
RTMP test page
where there's loads of other goodies.
Adobe RTMP protocol tests
(These tests don't appear to be as reliable as they used to be. I suspect their Flash Media Server is offline)
Check version of installed Flash Player
Record to a Wowza Media Server